Advanced Education, Skills and Labour

Support Application Social Work Services

When applying for Income Support, you are required to seek all financial resources available including child and spousal support. Support Applications Social Workers (SASWs) assist with this. In addition, SASWs can help Income Support recipients connect to Family Justice Services (FJS) of the Department of Justice and Public Safety. FJS can provide additional assistance with other family law matters such as dispute resolution and counselling services if you are experiencing issues with custody and access.

You can access services of the SASW by contacting the nearest office of Advanced Education, Skills and Labour in your area. For further information please contact the toll free number for your region.

Last Updated:
This page and all contents are copyright, Government of Newfoundland and Labrador, all rights reserved.