Employment Development Supports
Employment Development Supports are available to help eligible individuals pursue career and employment goals. Employment Development Supports can assist with:
- Short-term Training to provide eligible individuals with support to participate in skills training, less than 12 weeks in duration, which is not eligible for student aid. Short-term Training Fact Sheet (95 KB)
- Pre-employment Supports that provides eligible clients with support to participate in pre-employment training that may include personal life skills development, career planning or employment readiness. Training may include combinations of in-class and on-the-job segments. Pre-employment Supports Fact Sheet (111 KB)
- Work Supports program provides eligible clients with work related supports to assist them with seeking, obtaining, or maintaining employment. Work supports may be provided to assist clients engaging in paid employment; combination of paid and non-paid; or volunteer work opportunities. Work Supports Fact Sheet (110 KB)
Who Does it Serve?
Employment Development Supports are available to individuals who are:
- Non EI eligible, or may be eligible to receive support from the Department of Advanced Education, Skills and Labour;
- Participating in employment planning prior to supports being incurred and or issued, that is in support of the achievement of the client’s employment goal (Apprentices seeking training resulting from a class call do not require an employment plan); and
- Interested in preparing for, getting and keeping a job.
How to Access?
For information, contact the Advanced Education, Skills and Labour office in your area:
Advanced Education, Skills and Labour Office Locations
General enquiries: 1-800-563-6600
Adobe® Acrobat® Reader software can be used for viewing PDF documents. Download Acrobat® Reader for free