JobsNL Wage Subsidy
The JobsNL Wage Subsidy program is designed to connect employers and employees by providing funding to employers to create sustainable long-term employment or seasonal employment. The subsidy is meant to offset salary costs to create new positions.
Employers may receive a 50 per cent subsidy (up to a maximum of $8/hour) towards the hourly wage. The maximum program contribution is $7,280.
JobsNL Wage Subsidy Program Fact Sheet
Eligibility Criteria for Organizations
- Be incorporated or a sole proprietor.
- Have a Canada Revenue Agency business number.
- Be in good standing with Registry of Companies and Deeds.
- Have an office location/base in Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Additional eligibility requirements can be reviewed in the Program Guidelines.
- Employers are required to adhere to the all relevant Terms and Conditions of the JobsNL program
Eligibility Criteria for Individuals
- Individuals hired prior to approval will not be eligible for reimbursement.
- Be a resident of the province.
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident entitled to work in Canada.
- Unemployed or under-employed (under-employed being someone who has been employed on average less than 20 hours per week or in a field not related to their training).
- Not be receiving a Federal or Provincial Government pension or receiving Workplace NL benefits.
- Recent post-secondary graduates who have not obtained employment in their field of study are eligible for this program.
How Do I Apply?
- Employers must first register in LaMPSS to be able to apply online.
- After registering, a password and user ID is provided.
- Before beginning the application, please review the Program Guidelines for eligibility and information requirements to be provided with the application.
- Employers must complete and submit an online application in LaMPSS along with required information.
- You can check on the progress of your application by logging into your LaMPSS account and viewing the agreement status.
- Applicants are notified by email after a decision is made on the application – within 20 business days of receipt of a complete application.
- When approval is granted, an individual must be hired within 30 business days.
Deadline to Apply
- Continuous intake of applications, subject to budget availability.
- Applications must be received at least 20 business days prior to consideration of hiring the individual to ensure a timely review and assessment of the request for funding.
- Applications received more than 20 business days prior may be prioritized for assessment based on proposed hiring date.
- Priority for funding may be given to occupations and sectors identified by the Department with consideration given to the equitable distribution of funding, especially in areas of high unemployment.
- Incomplete applications will result in delays.
A complete application is received by the Department and is assigned for assessment.
The application is reviewed by the Department to ensure that the proposed activities meet program eligibility and to ensure sufficient budget availability. Applications may be prioritized for funding subject to demand. Recommendations are made to delegated authority (approver).
The delegated authority reviews assessment and ensures all information to make final decision is on file. Applicant will be notified once approval has been granted or denied.
Click here for details on the service standard
Adobe® Acrobat® Reader software can be used for viewing PDF documents. Download Acrobat® Reader for free .