Overview for Students with a Permanent Disability Applying for Post-Secondary Education
As a student with a permanent disability:
- you may have extra time to complete your program with the help of student financial assistance.
- you may qualify as a full-time student with a smaller, more manageable course load - for MUN students, full-time is considered to be at least 2 of 5 courses.
- you may qualify for extra funding that is specifically designed to help you pay for exceptional expenses related to your disability, such as transportation, specialized equipment, specialized textbooks, learning support services, and more.
To be eligible, you must have a permanent disability which is defined as a functional limitation:
- caused by a physical or mental impairment;
- that restricts your ability to perform the daily activities necessary to participate in studies at a postsecondary level or the labour force; and
- that is expected to remain with you for your whole life.
For additional information, refer to:
//www.aesl.gov.nl.ca/studentaid/disabilities/index.html#apply and the
Students with Permanent Disabilities Handout PDF (69 KB).
For more information on applying for student financial assistance as a student with a permanent disability, please call (709) 729-5849 or 1-888-657-0800 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Adobe® Acrobat® Reader software can be used for viewing PDF documents. Download Acrobat® Reader for free