Canada Post Delivery Disruption - Client Cheque Pick-up
Some delays may be experienced in the event of a disruption in mail delivery. Individuals still receiving payments through regular mail are strongly encouraged to enroll for direct deposit to avoid any potential delay in payment. To sign up for direct deposit, go to: //www.aesl.gov.nl.ca/forms/direct_deposit_form.pdf
How will I get my cheque if it is normally sent in the mail?
Cheques will be available for pick up at local offices. You will find your local office address at: //www.aesl.gov.nl.ca/career/employment_centres.html
When can I pick up my cheque?
Regular bi-monthly cheques will be available for pick up on the 1st and 16th of the month.
Any other cheques will be available for pick up once per week. You will receive a call from your local office when a cheque is available for pick up.
What do I need to do to pick up my cheque at a local office?
- Bring a valid photo identification, such as a driver’s license or student ID.
- If you do not have a photo identification, you can use two other types of identification. Your signature will have to be on at least one.
- If you do not have any identification, you will need to answer a number of identification questions.
- You will need to provide your signature before receiving a cheque.
What if someone else is picking up my cheque for me?
- That person will need to bring a signed letter from you stating you want your cheque picked up.
- You may be contacted by phone to make sure you want your cheque picked up.
- The person picking up the cheque will need to bring their photo or signed identification.
If you have questions related to Income Support payments by cheque, you can call:
Avalon - 1-877-729-7888
Central - 1-888-632-4555
Western - 1-866-417-4753
Labrador - 1-866-449-3144
Individuals in receipt of Employment and Training Programs payments via cheque can call 1-800-563-6600.