Advanced Education, Skills and Labour

Acceptable Identification

  • Photo ID: You must present a valid photo identification that was issued in Canada by either the federal, provincial or territorial government. Examples include:
    • a valid driver's license;
    • a passport;
    • a provincial health card with a photo; or
    • a permanent residency or citizenship card.

  • Proof of SIN: To prove that the Social Insurance Number (SIN) on your loan or grant document is yours, you must also present your SIN on an official Government of Canada document. Examples of such documents include:
    • Social Insurance Card;
    • Canada Pension Plan Statement of Contributions; or
    • A confirmation of your Social Insurance Number from Service Canada.
Last Updated:
This page and all contents are copyright, Government of Newfoundland and Labrador, all rights reserved.